Social Icons

email

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Another Day

Yesterday, the vicar and I went to see a movie and stop at a couple of stores after. It was our last holiday hurrah, one of the few times we were alone together during our whole Christmas break. I was not very chatty, mainly because the thought of going back to work was hanging over my head. But we had a good time anyway!

When January 1 hits, I try too hard to get everything in place at once. This year, I am giving myself until the end of the month to set some new things in place. Then, just maybe I won't give up in despair!

Last year I didn't end up doing much of Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare, because I was lazy and thought it too hard to find the things on her list. Now I think that it's kind of the point to search for things out of the ordinary...but I still might mix it up with straight up gratitude. I think that's better than not keeping track at all.

A grace I overhead today was my daughter helping her little brother with his homework, and two songs that remind that I am where I am for a reason.



I am thankful for quiet minutes in our living room chairs with the vicar. And that it's Friday tomorrow. I needed a slow transition back to reality. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text