Social Icons

email

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New beginning

Towards the end of 2012, I decided to move my blog to a new home. I have been blogging (sporadically) at "Heather Between" since a few months before we left Spain and returned to the US. The end of 2012 seemed to be the end of a long period of transition. I don't feel so "between" anymore. 

The phrase "My joyful mess" came to me as we prepared to move into our very first home this past summer. It was all such a happy surprise, and the joy in the midst of chaos seemed like a good place to be.

It has been a growing trend for people to have a word for the year. Last year my words were encourage and community, both as separate words and as a phrase. This year I chose 4 words: Read, write, move and pray. In the past I have struggled with the idea that January 1st would allow me to magically reinvent myself and my life into something closer to what I think I/it should be. Surprise, surprise, there is no magic in the 1st day of January!

So although 4 words may seem like a lot, I don't have any lofty goals lined up with any of them. Yes, I'd like to say I'm going to lose 30 pounds, or read a certain number of books, or become a prayer warrior by the end of the week. Instead, I'm just going to do those things MORE. Maybe I should add that as a word :) 

Here's to reading, and writing, and moving and praying.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, hon! I'll be happy to join you in this and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text