Social Icons

email

Friday, February 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes 2/1/13


  1. I haven't done a Quick Takes for quite some time, but I'm hoping it will help me get back into writing more. One of the things I want to do "more" of this year is write. It has been out of my routine for quite some time, and although I often write posts in my head, they very rarely make it onto the digital page.
  2. I now have 2 teenagers. How did I get this old? The 13-yeard old slept until 10:30 this morning, so I know it's real :) The other one starts driver's ed this month. Oy vey!
  3. Since the holiday season ended we have been trying to stick to a healthier and more balanced diet and aren't doing too bad. But we both still have moments when we'd like nothing better than to stuff our faces with all manner of unhealthy things.
  4. The exercise issue is taking a bit longer...I did really well getting up before work to get on the rower. For two days. I am not really a morning person (I like to say I'm a lunch-time person :) ) so getting up at 5:15 is not sustainable for me, as much as I'd like to think it is. However I rarely feel like exercising when I get home, either. Especially once I have sat my behind down in my chair. My friend Karissa and I just signed up at a gym near the house, so we're going together. We have gone twice this week and plan on going tomorrow as well. Hurray for progress!
  5. I AM making progress with my "read" goal. A couple of weeks ago on Monday I had the day off, and I finished reading An Altar in the World, and I read A Child Called It and The Lost Boy. The latter two were fairly quick reads, although heart-breaking. They tell the story of one of the worst child abuse cases in California. I just picked up the third book, A Man Named Dave.. It's been a long time since I read that much in a day and I loved it. I don't usually give myself that kind of luxury because it means I'm neglecting all kinds of other things :)
  6. I love being at home with my family. There are things about my job that get on my last nerve, and there is nothing better than backing into the garage on Friday afternoon, watching the door go down and enjoying the feeling of sanctuary coming over me.
  7. I'm actually so excited that Lent is coming up. Ever since we began observing it a few years ago, I find it such a beautiful time in my spiritual walk every year. Yeah, kind of weird, I know, but there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text