Social Icons

email

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lent, Day 2


525547_10151244009951300_2062840885_n

Today, as I struggled not to complain, criticize or compare, I felt like almost every word that comes out of mouth must normally  fall into one of these three categories! Talk about having the flaws in your character brought to the surface! As I wrestled to keep my tongue, I grew more and more frustrated with myself. I was so aware that I cannot do this in my own strength. I think this Lenten season is going to be the most agonizingly, beautifully, amazingly difficult Lent season I have experienced. It’s going to be so good for my character!!!

Whew!



grateful today for…
  • Home-made Valentine card from my boyo.
  • A sunny morning after many cloudy ones.
  • Getting everything on my to-do list done before it’s time to head to the gym.
  • Brakes on my car that are in perfect working order when I was convinced they needed replacing.
  • Phone calls at work from my traveling vicar.
  • Friendly faces at work that stop in to see me.
  • The realization how utterly incapable I am of “being good” on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text