Social Icons

email

Saturday, August 24, 2013

The End of Vacation Blues

Tomorrow is the last day of summer vacation, and I've been off work since Tuesday at lunch time. I waited until this late in the summer to take some time off since I only started my new job in April.

So now it's Saturday afternoon and I find myself feeling conflicted. I'm wishing I had gotten more stuff done around the house; my office once again needs a good going-through, the fridge needs to be cleaned out, and I need to really think through what groceries we need for the week, especially since Monday means school lunches etc. On the other hand, I want to enjoy these last hours of down time before routine ratchets life up a few notches.

Don't get me wrong; I love the routine that school brings and the next few months are my favorite in all the year.

It's the classic conundrum of life, especially for me as a Mom who works outside the home full time. Wouldn't it be nice if there were a few more hours in the day? Or if a regular work-week was only 4 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text